Monday, May 17, 2010

Tips & Tricks: How to get Wrinkles out of your Graduation Gown

Last weekend my husband Graduated with his Masters degree. We were both excited to celebrate this milestone! The night before as we set out all of our clothes, my husband pulled out his graduation gown from the back of the closet ... It was still full of wrinkles from the package it came in.

Now I give him credit for taking it out of the package a week ahead of time, but we both looked at it not knowing what to do.

All that ran through my mind was: How many times have we graduated, and I STILL don't know how to get the wrinkles out of a graduation gown? (just for the record, between the two of us we have graduated 7 times)

I was afraid to iron it, for fear of leaving iron marks all over it (thanks for the warning, Ms. Bodily).

So we thought we would steam it. We both took showers that night, after cutting my husbands hair, then again the next morning. Still no luck .... WHAAAA ... What do we do?!?!?!?!?!

We thought about having my Mother-in-Law bring her steam cleaner, but that might take too long, and it would have to dry.

Then a dear friend suggested this to me:

Put it in the dryer on low heat, with a damp towel for 15 minutes.


So I gave it a try and ...




IT WORKED!!!

Not a wrinkle in sight. What an easy, last minute, quick way to get the wrinkles out of a graduation gown!
Now, if I can just remember this for when my husband graduates with his PhD.

1 comment:

  1. I detest ironing, so I do this with all of Erik's shirts if I forget and leave them in the dryer too long allowing the wrinkles to set in. :-)

    ReplyDelete